I watched a video yesterday that sorta kinda changed my life.
To give you some background before I get into the whole story: I have weird skin. It’s dry, it’s sensitive, and on my face, it gets oily in certain places and breaks out if I use the wrong product. It’s prone to redness and dullness and just general blah-ness, especially right now because I ran out of moisturizer, and the only other moisturizer I have to replace the one I was using is one that makes me break out. So I haven’t moisturized in about two weeks, and when I woke up yesterday, I was just sick of my skin being and feeling blah.
So I started researching and couldn’t find anything that helped me figure out what I should do for my face. After 20 minutes, I gave up and hit the YouTubes, deciding to screw it and just waste some time.
Well, as I scrolled through the videos that were recommended for me, I saw one that mentioned something about how this girl went from acne prone skin to beautifully clear skin in one month. One month?? I had to check it out.
The video was some Korean girl talking in Korean, so I didn’t really understand a whole lot of it. BUT she showed pictures of her skin a month ago versus that day, and low and behold, she went from a full breakout to probably the most beautiful, dewy skin I’ve ever seen. IN ONE MONTH. WHAT???
Normally, I wouldn’t have kept watching because my skin isn’t acne prone like this girl’s was. But I was just curious to see how she could have such drastic improvements in only one month. So I stuck around.
And that’s when my life changed.
It wasn’t some product she started using that caused all her changes. It wasn’t some crazy plastic surgery that she had. And it wasn’t some magical dermatologist that gave her some magical dermatology routine, either.
What made her skin clear up in a month was SIMPLY THE FACT THAT SHE STOPPED SCRUBBING IT.
Granted, she had a pretty elaborate routine, as well, which was something along the lines of this:
- Use cleansing water to remove makeup as soon as she got home (or to remove oil as soon as she woke up)
- Use makeup removing oil to finish taking off any waterproof or extra makeup left behind by the cleansing water
- Use a milk cleanser to cleanse her face
- Spray hydrating water onto her face and let it absorb (because skin needs to drink like we need to drink)
- Use a sheet mask
- Put on some skin vitamin oils
- Pat on some moisturizer
Blah blah blah blah blah
BUT SHE SAID THAT NONE OF IT WOULD HAVE WORKED IF SHE NEVER STOPPED SCRUBBING AND RUBBING HER FACE IN ORDER TO CLEANSE/APPLY HER PRODUCTS.
Her dermatologist told her that she had all of her skin problems because she was simply touching her face too hard, and that if she stopped, she would have naturally clear skin.
AND SHE DID.
SO I TRIED IT STARTING YESTERDAY.
AND MY WORLD HAS CHANGED.
So, I unfortunately do not have pictures of my skin yesterday morning because I was dumb and forgot to take them. But, I can tell you that, before I did what this video said, my skin was dry and dull and had a few pimples and was red in weird places and just looked kinda gross. It’s looked like that for a while, actually, so I haven’t taken make pictures of myself lately. But here are a couple of pictures I happened to find of my face that might give you a slight look at how my skin has been:
Neither of those are edited. In both, I look dull. In the top one, I’m not wearing makeup, and you can see some pimples in between my eyebrows and a scab on my chin, as well as a general redness to my face.
And so yesterday, I did this:
1. Removed oil on my face by gently wiping my skin (aka barely touching it) with a cotton pad and Nuxe’s Nuxe White Brightening Moisturizing Lotion (which is actually a toner)
2. Adding moisture with Caudalie’s Grape Water
3. Returning home and gently wiping off the oil on my face again with Nuxe’s toner
4. Gently cleansing my face with Neogen’s Real Fresh Foam Green Tea Cleanser (and by gently cleansing, I mean that I barely even touched my face at all, as per recommendation of the girl in the video)
4. Using Caudalie’s Grape Water again to give me my moisture back
5. Gently tapping a weird, old Japanese oil I had on my face (again, by barely touching my skin)
Break from listing my routine: I don’t have photo evidence, but halfway through the day yesterday, I started noticing a huge difference in the way my skin looked.
Then, this morning, I:
1. Removed oil with the toner
2. Replaced moisture with the Grape Water
3. Used this face mask I got when I was away this summer:
4. Gently tapped the extra mask fluid into my skin (by barely touching my face) after I took the mask off
AND LOOK AT ME NOW:
I’M SHINY AND DEWY (but not oily) AND SOFT TO TOUCH AND WHERE ARE THE PIMPLES I HAD YESTERDAY MORNING AND WHERE IS MY REDNESS AND WHY DO I LOOK SO HEALTHY??????
It’s not the products I’m using that changed anything, because I’ve been using those products for a long time.
IT’S THE TECHNIQUE PEOPLE. IF YOU WANT TO CLEAR UP AND PERFECT YOUR SKIN, STOP SCRUBBING AND RUBBING AND START BARELY TOUCHING YOUR FACE.
When you stop touching your face, you stop pushing everything into your pores and irritating everything, and it all just magically heals itself.
I HAD MIRACLE PROGRESS IN ONE DAY. EVERYONE IN THE WORLD NEEDS TO DO THIS.
And that is all! Thanks so much for reading, and here is the YouTube video I watched for your reference:
^normally the links embed but this one isn’t embedding, I’m sorry :(((
Until next time ❤